πππ
What is up everybody!
This week has been roughhhh. This is going to be a longggg transfer, and I mean it. Plus, it's been so freaking hot outside.
One of the highlights of the week was going on an exchange with Elder Woodward! I served in the same zone as him back in my Americus days. He's a GOATED missionary, and we had a lot of fun up in LaGrange. This exchange was much needed.
Our most progressing friend right now is Rodger. I don't know if I've talked about him yet, but Rodger was taught by missionaries a few years ago. He wasn't able to get baptized back then because he had several addictions he needed to overcome. Well, now he's free from all of them!
Last week, though, he started ghosting us, so we were a little worried. We finally got in contact with him on Friday, and he said he had just been sick. We went over on Saturday with his member friend, and together we made a calendar for the month of July. Now he can actually see that baptism is possible and has a plan to get there. The calendar will also help him avoid scheduling things on important days.
Another miracle this week: Jay, one of my friends from Atlanta, got baptized yesterday!
She was such a miracle from the very beginning. We found her while knocking doors with a senior missionary, Elder Larkin. When she answered the door, I reached into my bag and grabbed the first thing I could find—it happened to be a Plan of Salvation pamphlet. We ended up teaching her through the crack of her door π. While I was testifying about the Spirit World, she suddenly shut the door. A second later she opened it all the way and invited us inside... and the rest is history.
After I left the area, she went ghost mode for about two months. But apparently she stayed in contact with one of the members the whole time. During one of their conversations, she told the member she wanted to be baptized. They contacted the missionaries, the lessons started back up, and yesterday she was baptized!
I got to talk with her yesterday, and she has such a different countenance now. It's amazing to see how the gospel changes people. I'm so excited to see the kind of member she's going to become.
Please pray for me—that I'll be able to make it through this transfer... this week... and honestly, today.
Yesterday I literally got yelled at because I said doing papier-mΓ’chΓ© for P-day was stupid.
Love you guys! Have a great week!
– Elder Clayburn
Google Photos πΈ
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ahmb2ZjNi8CyoaBj6
π¬&π¦
1331 Sydney Street Valley, AL 36854 United States
Comments
Post a Comment